When it comes to choosing a property maintenance firm for your Putney property, there are many different companies to choose from. That means it’s very important to make the right choice, and to beware of rogue traders. Fortunately these are few and far between, but you do need to make sure your property will be in good hands with your Putney property maintenance company.
Here are some of the things you should look for to avoid making a costly mistake when choosing a property maintenance firm:
- do they have adequate insurance? A trade should be covered against negligence and have public liability insurance too.
- do they have the right qualifications and certificates? This is especially important if your Putney property maintenance firm is carrying out gas or electrical work. For building or structural work, ask to see any construction qualifications and find out if you can see an example of a recent job first-hand.
- are they recommended by people you know? It’s always a good idea to ask around.
- will they give you a free, no-obligation quote? Ideally you should get three quotes for a job, as this will help you understand what a fair price for the work will be.
- will they give you a written contract or agreement? This will help ensure you have proof of what’s been agreed, including how much the work will cost.