If you’re a New Malden landlord, you’ll know that one of the most important elements of your property maintenance revolves around helping your flat or house to withstand wear and tear. Wear and tear is an inevitable occurrence during the course of any tenancy, and so you’ll never be able to completely prevent it.
However, with the help of a New Malden property maintenance company, there are some things you can do to help your property stand up better to the stresses and strains of everyday living:
- by painting the walls cream they won’t just look less bare, but they’ll show less dirt and scuffs
- choose a wipe-clean paint that your tenants can easily keep clean
- avoiding wallpaper: it stains and peels
- choose hard-wearing laminate flooring, rather than carpets that are likely to require costly maintenance or replacement
- resisting the temptation to decorate the property with soft fabrics like throws and rugs – these are easily damaged and may not be to your tenants’ tastes. Using fabrics in a rental property is costly and unnecessary.
These are just some of the things you can do to help ensure your New Malden property will look neat and inviting, and withstand some punishment. Talk to your New Malden property maintenance company for more ideas to help you keep your property in great condition.